The Fun Stuff
The academic biography definitely presents a part of who I am. But let’s be honest, it doesn’t give you a sense of the whole picture. I think it’s important to share my quirks since they—knowingly or not—inform everything I write, say, and do. So here are things I love—with some things I don't love mixed in.
Elaina and the Pets
It's amazing to see how the world can bring people together who are supposed to be. My rock. My partner in fun. My partner in crime. My partner in everything. I can't begin to explain how truly lucky and happy I am. Wherever I am and whatever we're doing, the best parts of my days are the ones I spend with you.
And then there are our four fur children.
- Wrigley: who tries every day to be his best despite always managing to maneuver himself into trouble
- Roger: our not so quick cat who believes the song of his people is everyone's favorite sleeping soundtrack
- Morty: who is the only cat I've met who lays on his back, head propped against a pillow, snoring
- Millie: who has such a tiny little head...and not so tiny body
If it has a scoreboard, I'm game to watch it at least once. Arena football. Minor league hockey. Professional indoor lacrosse. And it doesn't need to be competitive; I'll take a blowout in my favor over a classic game any day of the week.
- MLB: Chicago Cubs
- NFL: Jacksonville Jaguars (still not sold on Blake Bortles...)
- NBA: Orlando Magic and Cleveland Cavaliers
- NHL: Ehh...the Blackhawks?
- College Sports: F-L-O-R-I-D-A-S-T-A-T-E Florida State Florida State Florida State Woo!
Favorite Players: Willson Contreras, Jalen Ramsey, Jonathan Isaac, Calais Campbell
Best Game Attended: Game 6 of the 2016 NBA Finals (Bye, Steph)
Teams I Loathe: St. Louis Cardinals, New England Patriots, Golden State Warriors
YELLOW FOOD and carbs
Some would say I'm picky, others would call me a cheap date. My diet consists of:
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Cheese Pizza
- Pasta (cheese ravioli or tortellini)
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Cheese Quesadillas
- Corn (which I've learned is apparently a starch, not a vegetable?)
Given this, you'd probably think (or hope?) that I enjoy exercising, too. But I don't. If you find me running, just turn and run with me because something bad is coming. Moral of sharing this factoid: don't ask me to talk about my diet with your children. I'm proof you can get a Ph.D. on Kraft and Papa John's. But take me to Cracker Barrel and be ready to watch a waiter laugh.
It really is the happiest place on Earth. Despite the strollers.
Favorite and Least Favorite Attractions by Park:
- Magic Kingdom
- Favorite: The Haunted Mansion
- Least: Tomorrowland Speedway
- Hollywood Studios
- Favrorite: Tower of Terror
- Least: Anything affiliated with Star Wars
- Favorite: Test Track
- Least: Mission Space
- Animal Kingdom
- Favorite: Flights of Passage
- Least: Primeval Whirl
I can listen to the same song on a loop for days on end. You may be looking at the website of the only person to watch every a cappella version of Billy Joel's "The Longest Time." (By the way, there are some really good ones out there...)
Songs on My Ultimate Playlist:
- "The Longest Time," Billy Joel
- "Dance with Me Tonight," Olly Murs
- "Cheerleader," Omi
- "Wake Me Up," Avicii
- "Albatroz," AronChupa
- "Litle Talks," Of Monsters and Men
- "Shut Up and Dance," Walk the Moon
- "The Cave," Mumford & Sons
- "Brandy," Looking Glass
- "La Bamba," Ritchie Valens
- "Hello," The Book or Mormon
- "Under the Sea," The Little Mermaid
sleep and relaxation
Work hard. Play hard. When I'm on, I'm on. When I'm off, I'm off.