Sometimes an outsider can reach a campus...
Assessment consulting tends to come in one of three varieties:
- On-site visits and consulting
- Telephone or Skype consulting
- Document and process review
On-site visits typically involve a series of focused meetings with campus groups related to assessment issues and concerns.
Telephone or Skype consultations involve a group meeting where we can cover a variety of topics of interest to the campus community.
Documentation and process reviews involve reading and examining assessment and planning-related documents.
Regardless of the type of consultation desired, it will include an advanced review of materials and come wiith a post-report, which will sumarize findings and suggestions. Beyond documents specific to assessment or accreditation, I prefer to also review documents that help me get a sense of your institutional culture. This allows me to best understand who you are and what you are attempting to do.
Potential topics for assessment consultation include:
- Assessing student learning in academic programs
- Assessing student learning in the general education curriculum
- Assessing student learning in students services and development
- Assessing institutional effectiveness across campus
- Designing integrated planning frameworks
- Strategic planning
- Writing strong student learning outcomes
- Curriculum mapping
- Simplifying assessment processes
- Assuring faculty buy-in to assessment efforts
- Making use of assessment results
- Assessment strategies, tools, and methods
To find out more about working with Will to meet your assessment needs on campus, fill out the form below.